INDIANA EXPUNGEMENT OF EVICTION RECORDS
Expunge your Indiana Eviction case and seal if from public view.
Are you having trouble getting an apartment or rental due to a past eviction case that was erroneous or dismissed. As of July 1st 2022 Indiana enacted I.C. 32-31-11-3 to assist individuals with securing housing and not have to worry about past eviction records. This does not mean everyone is eligible. To be eligible to have your eviction expunged it must meet one of the following requirements.
- The case was dismissed prior to trial.
- You the tenant were successful in defending the case (either at trial or upon appeal)
What effect does an Indiana Eviction Expungement have?
If the court issues an order expunging your eviction record, the court and the operator of any state, regional, or local case management system shall not disclose or permit disclosure of any records in the eviction action, including the petition by the landlord for possession of the rental unit:
(1) other than to any person under a court order;
(2) other than to a law enforcement agency for an authorized law enforcement activity; or
(3) unless authorized under this chapter or otherwise required by law.
Evictions That Were Filed Before July 1st, 2022 can be Expunged as well.
DUEPNER LAW LLC can assist you with expunging your eviction record so your background will be clean when applying for a new lease. If you are interested, please contact us at 317-886-4304 for a free eviction expungement case evaluation or email at email@example.com.